First things first: I don’t know if this is legal! If I’m doing something illegal here, please tell me! I don’t wanna post a guide to do something criminal. This is just a technical workaround from a nerdy tech freak! But I couldn’t find anything in the legal documents.
So… you can’t capture more than 15 minutes of gameplay on your PS4. I’ve got a cool little workaround IF (yeah big IF) you have a powerful and stable internet connection. On the plus side you get the files directly onto your Mac.
Windows… Yeah… I don’t really use Windows… But I’ve seen someone doing this on Windows, so it should work… I just have no guide for that.
Things you need:
3. twitch.tv account
4. powerful internet connection
Now follow me 🙂
1. Download and install VLC player from here http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ (This is a video player, it should work with 64bit. If it doesn’t, try the 32bit version of VLC.)
2. Download and Install Git from here http://git-scm.com/
(Git is a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency.)
3.Download and Install Python from here http://python.org/download
(Python is an interpreted, object-oriented, high-level programming language with dynamic semantics.)
4.Download(Install this later) python-setuptools from here
(Easily download, build, install, upgrade, and uninstall Python packages.)
5. Open Terminal
6. Browse to the directory where you downloaded python-setuptools (for example cd ~/Downloads) and type sudo sh setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg (please do not rename the file and the installation will ask for your password)
7. Now type: git clone git://github.com/chrippa/livestreamer.git
8. download and run an RTMPDump Installer
(from trick77.com. rtmpdump is a toolkit for RTMP streams.)
9. Install livestreamer (if in Downloads type cd ~/Downloads/livestreamer)
Type: sudo python setup.py install
10.To open up a stream in Terminal type: livestreamer twitch.tv/STREAMNAME , this will not start the stream right away but will list the available qualities. To choose type: livestreamer twitch.tv/STREAMNAME source (or high, or what quality you like) and hit enter. It will open VLC player. If the stream doesn’t open right away double-click the „fd://0“ in the playlist.
11.Press command+shift+R to record.
(You can setup a destination in the VLC settings)
This is it! HTH!